The Truant Chorister: A New URL




Hey, yal, and welcome back to your favorite choir rehearsal recap!

I decided it was time to nudge the choir stuff into its own cyber-place, apart from the usual posts on Abridged (rants about the medical system, complaining about insurance, etc).

This new URL for The Truant Chorister is: thechoirloft.abridgedtheblog.com

Sigh, yes. It is hosted on blogspot not wordpress. I have no defense except that I'm not a millennial and, well, it took literally* 10 seconds to set it up.
(*in the truest sense of that word)

For the newly initiated, these posts are the sole work of The Truant Chorister herself, so as to maintain plausible deniability for the estimable Dodds and Orgain. Additions, substitutions, and guest posts are welcome!


This week:

We welcomed even more new faces, Huzzah! Including some section leaders who are already proving their invaluable worth as melodic anchors, giving us much more confidence in the part-singing and note-finding.

One of the songs (and I can't remember which one, as I left my folder downstairs and apparently am too comfortable to go looking for it), involved lots of syncopated Hallelujah's, which brings up an important conversation I've been meaning to have for some time:

T-shirts. (Obviously).

As I am no longer running 5k's, my t-shirt stash has started to dwindle, and I feel like an expression of choral spirit could help remedy that!

So wracking my brain I came up with a couple suggestions, which I myself feel have an abundance of hilariousness. So much are these totally cracking me up that it would probably be better if I stopped with these two and opened the floor for suggestions.

I was thinking we could brainstorm through February, and then put it to a vote! 

It doesn't need to be professionally rendered, as there are a couple legit graphic artists who could do the final design, but feel free to get creative if that's your jam!


Seriously, Hallelu Y'all is like my favorite thing ever. Which says a lot about how easily I am entertained. It's okay to be brutally honest, I assure you my brothers show no mercy. (For the official record, I totally had this idea a year ago, long before finding that awesome "Y'all" shirt in Kentucky :)



This Sunday:

We sing one of my favorites from the Spring lineup: Order My Steps

True fact: it was nominated for Song of the Year at the 1995 Dove Awards. More propaganda from the publisher: a passionate prayer for guidance and a captivating, hypnotic statement your choir will want to sing again and again!

That said, there are a number of planned absences, if you're able to be there, please come! (Says the girl who has been notably absent from Sunday morning.... Apologies. "Siri, Set Alarm".)



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Concert Edition

Bell-a-palooza and Hymn Sing edition